Teens who can't gain weight read this

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Teens who can't gain weight read this

Post  Drew on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:34 pm

If you can't gain weight you are not eating enough, it is as simple as that. Every teen's answer to this is, "But I eat a ton! All my friends say I eat so much, I eat all the time." The problem is that they're usually extremely active and have screaming metabolisms. It takes a lot to put on some weight. However, you don't want to put on weight too fast. Beginners can gain up to 30 pounds in their first year. The next year they can probably gain about 20 and after that they'll be lucky to gain 10-12 pounds a year. Any more than that and it will be fat. Not all beginners can gain that much muscle though, but some can.

This is not a one-size fits all diet, but it will be a good place to start for skinny teens stuck at their current weight.

Breakfast: Most important meal of the day. If you don't have time make time. You need protein here. At least 30-50 grams. Eggs, bacon, sausage, chicken, casein protein powder, whatever. Have some sort of carb too like cereal or toast. Milk will be your best friend when you're trying to gain weight as well. A ideal breakfast would be something like a casein shake with 2 scoops powder, 4-6 whole eggs, and two slices of toast.

Lunch: I know teens eat sandwiches a lot because of the convenience, and this is fine. Just pile the meat on there though. You need all the calories you can get so don't skimp on the cheese and mayo either. You can really eat whatever you want for lunch as long as it involves a lot of meat and calories.

Dinner: Same general guidelines as lunch. Lots of protein and carbs. Make sure you get plenty of veggies too. Veggies are the most overlooked food when it comes to gaining weight, but they are absolutely essential. Without them your blood will be too acidic which will prevent you from gaining muscle.

Have a couple snacks during the day too. If you do this and still can't gain weight add a casein shake (2 scoops) in the morning and before bed. If you still can't gain weight add olive oil to the shakes. Keep an eye on the mirror though. Don't let yourself get fat. You'll inevitably put on a little fat, but the majority should be muscle. If you gain 10 pounds in a month you're just getting fat, I don't care who you are.

Drew
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top